Donate a Bike
Can’t bear to see an unused bike collect dust in the basement or go to a landfill? Donate it to us for a second life! For the past 10 years, we have been refurbishing hundreds of old bikes for newly arrived refugees, students, city youth, and others through programs like Build-A-Bike, Wrenching Wednesdays, and Open Shop.
We accept all kinds of bicycles: cruisers, road, mountain, and BMX bikes. However if the bike has too much rust and appears beyond repair, please take it to a scrap yard. We accept donations of bicycles, bike tools, and bike parts during our open shop hours.
Please consider a making a monetary donation to help get us through Covid-19.
Whatever your interest or availability, there is a place for you! Greeting visitors at Open Shop, distributing brochures, and fixing bikes are just a few examples of how you can help out. If you’d like to volunteer, start today by filling out this volunteer form or emailing our Shop Manager. We can’t succeed without you!
Recycle-A-Bike is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your gift is deductible to the full extent of the law.
Where does the money go?
- $2000 is a 5-week Pedal Power safe cycling program for 20 kids
- $1500 helps with one month of rent
- $500 buys 45 free helmets for kids in our programs
- $200 funds a fully refurbished bike for someone in need
- $100 covers Build-a-Bike class tuition
- $25 provides a U-lock for someone in need to keep their bike safe!